Highlighting is a common feature in PDF files, allowing users to emphasize important information or sections.
However, when it comes to editing or sharing the document, the highlights can be distracting or irrelevant.
Removing highlights in PDF files is a simple process that can be done using different tools.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide to remove highlights in PDF.
Why Remove Highlights from PDFs?
While highlighting can be helpful in emphasizing important information, there are several reasons why you may want to remove highlights from PDFs, including:
- The document may be distracting or cluttered with highlights, making it hard to read or edit.
- The highlights may no longer be relevant, especially if the document has been updated or revised.
- You may want to share the document with others who find the highlights irrelevant or distracting.
Step-by-Step Guide to Removing Highlights from PDFs
There are different ways to remove highlights from PDF files, depending on the tool or software you’re using.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide to removing highlights in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, a popular PDF reader and editor.
Step 1: Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Open the PDF file that contains the highlights you want to remove in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Step 2: Choose the “Comments” Tool
Click on the “Comments” button on the right-hand side of the screen to display the comments toolbar.
Step 3: Select “Show Comments List”
Click on the “Show Comments List” icon on the comments toolbar.
Step 4: Select the Highlighted Text
In the comments list, select the highlighted text you want to remove.
Step 5: Delete the Highlight
Press the “Delete” key on your keyboard or right-click on the highlighted text and select “Delete.”
Step 6: Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for all Highlights
Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for all the highlighted text in the document.
Step 7: Save the Document
Once you’ve removed all the highlights, save the document.
Tips for Removing Highlights from PDFs
- If you have multiple PDF files with highlights that need to be removed, consider using a batch processing tool or software to save time.
- Before removing highlights, consider creating a backup copy of the document to avoid any loss of information or data.
- If you don’t have access to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, you can also use other PDF readers or editors like Preview, Foxit Reader, or Nitro PDF.
Removing highlights from PDFs is a simple process that can be done using different tools or software.
By following the steps provided in this article, you can easily remove highlights in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and simplify the document management process.
Whether you’re editing, sharing, or reading a PDF file, removing highlights can make the document less distracting and cluttered.
1. Can I remove highlights from PDFs on my mobile device?
Yes, you can remove highlights from PDFs on your mobile device using different PDF reader or editor apps like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, or Xodo.
2. Can I remove all highlights in one click?
Yes, you can use a batch processing tool or software to remove all highlights in one click for multiple PDF files.
3. Can I undo highlight removal in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?
Yes, you can undo highlight removal in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC by selecting “Edit” from the menu bar and choosing “Undo” or by pressing “Ctrl” + “Z” on your keyboard.